The Science and Business of Drug Discovery: Demystifying the Jargon
The Science and Business of Drug Discovery is written for those who want to learn about the biopharmaceutical industry and its products whatever their level of technical knowledge. Its aim is to demystify the jargon used in drug development, but in a way that avoids over simplification and the resulting loss of key information. Each of the nineteen chapters is illustrated with figures and tables which clarify some of the more technical points being made. Also included is a drug discovery case history which draws the relevant material together into a single chapter. In recognizing that it is difficult to navigate through the many external resources dealing with drug development, the book has been written to guide the reader towards the most appropriate information sources, including those listed in the two appendices.
The following topics are covered:
- Different types of drugs: from small molecules to stem cells
- Background to chemistry of small and large molecules
- Historical background to drug discovery, pharmacology and biotechnology
- The drug discovery pipeline: from target discovery to marketed medicine
- Commercial aspects of drug discovery
- Challenges to the biopharmaceutical industry and its responses
- Material of specific interest to technology transfer executives, recruiters and pharmaceutical translators.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text:|
Roaring Twenties Mixer's Manual: 73 Popular Prohibition Drink Recipes, Flapper Party Tips and Games, How to Dance the Charleston and More... (Food and Drink)
Public Health in British India: Anglo-Indian Preventive Medicine 1859-1914 (Cambridge Studies in the History of Medicine)
Natural Beauty: Luxuriously Pampering Organic Beauty Treatments to Make, Enjoy and Give (Homemade Series)
The Cotton Spinner's Companion: Containing Original Tables for Preparing and Spinning Cottons of Every Description (1827)